Cooking dry beans. Cooking recipe video
Cooking Dry Beans
- The practice or skill of preparing food
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- (cook) someone who cooks food
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- Hit (someone) on the head
- (bean) any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae used for food
- (bean) hit on the head, especially with a pitched baseball
- Wipe tears from (the eyes)
- Cause to become dry
- a reformer who opposes the use of intoxicating beverages
- become dry or drier; "The laundry dries in the sun"
- Become dry
Roasted Sausages and Beans
Just made this for supper, a simple and delicious winter meal - takes a while to bake but preparation time is minimal!
12 Cumberland sausages
2 Medium red onions, cut into eighths
1tbsp Olive oil
100g Dry-cured unsmoked bacon lardons
50g Tomato ketchup
1 1/2tbsp Dijon mustard
3 tbsp treacle
400g Chopped tomatoes
A few good splashes worcestershire sauce
1tbsp Fresh thyme leaves
3 Garlic cloves, chopped
410g Can haricot beans, drained
1. Preheat the oven to 220c. Place the sausages, onions, oil, and lardons in a large roasting tin, toss well, then cook in the oven for 30m.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, make the sauce by mixing together the ketchup, mustard, treacle, chopped tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and garlic.
3. Add the beans and sauce to the roasting tin and mix everything together. Season and roast for a further 30m. Remove from the oven and serve with green veg.
Recipe source: Delicious Magazine, Dec 2009, p.32
Pre-pressure cooking soak.
I'm so sick of paying too much for canned beans. So I bought a whole slew of dried beans, pressure cooked them, and froze them for future use.
diabetic cooking guide
healthy oil for cooking
korean cooking video
infomercial cooking products
vegalene cooking spray
cooking rib steak
microwave cooking books